Sunday, November 9, 2014

Startitis I have it..

What  in the world is startitis? It's a common problem many crafters face, we start a project and suddenly come across another that just must be made, and then another and another. Then you wind up with other issues like a box full of WIPs (works in progress), UFOs, (Unfinished Objects), I unfortunately have my share, in fact I bet I have enough to have your fair share also.

Why do we do this to ourselves, can't I just sit down and finish one project before I start the next? Not everyone has this problem, could it be a gene we inherited? I'll take that explanation and run with it. I have run a cross a project or two that my mother started before I was born and it just never got finished, we won't talk about how long ago that is let's just say they might have gone out of style and are heading back into system by now.

I could list them but I just don't have that much time, If I'm going to get something accomplished today so I'll leave you with a few pictures and you can see I do make progress just not much at once. And in my defense I do try to have a travel project, a take to work project and who am I kidding. If I could stay off Ravelry I'd get more done!

Here's a few I'm working on and the links if you are so inclined to join me in my madness..

This my version of a modern granny square Blanket. Just sold the boy version last weekend so It's time to do another and get this one finished!

The there is the Elf Hat that just needs the ends tucked in a pom pom
http://oodles4noodles.blogspot.com/2011/03/long-tailed-baby-elf-hat-tutorial.html

Then a Star Blanket that I had started for a baby boy but with the Dallas Colors I might have to make the big boy of the house one..
http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/star-blanket.html


Then one more blanket to show, but not the only ones that are in process. It's the Irish wave and I plan on using light pink, darker pink and two shades of green.. I love the way it comes together.
http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2014/05/new-free-irish-wave-baby-blanket.html


This might or might not be another reason I haven't gotten much done lately..
Check out that face, too sweet. I was using her window box so I guess she deserves a bit of a tummy rub too.

Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment