Monday, April 20, 2015

Quotes for the Gardener

In my world Q is normally for quilts. And I have seen some gardens that remind me of quilts, I'll fudge a bit and give you some great garden quotes to get you inspired about gardening or just give you a laugh!

Every garden is unique with a multitude of choices in soils,plants and themes. Finding your garden theme is as easyas seeing what brings a smile to your face.- Teresa Watkins, Gardening With Soul

The philosopher who said that work well done never needs doing over
never weeded a garden. -Ray D Everson

In the spring , at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Margaret Attwood


God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done- Author unknown

To Forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil is to forget ourselves- Mahatma Gandhi

And I'll add a few that would fit well on signs in my garden..

Warning!  Untamed dandelions – do not feed!

Die, Weeds, Die!

I don't remember planting this?!

Grow Damn It!

If you have a favorite garden sign or famous (or infamous) garden quote please be sure to share it with us!!

I'll be back on Tuesday with R for Rhubarb! Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment